All servers running normally. Please see the main site for recent and new releases.
01 February 2010
Fronter support and the support site
This website is designed to provide support, information and answers to commonly asked questions to trained Fronter administrators. The site is constantly updated to give you access to the latest news and information regarding known issues and their resolutions, new features in Fronter, as well as new documentation not available through the general help tool.
The main sections of the site are the following:
- the main page, with news articles and also displaying some of the articles from other sections
- the admin forum, with a chance for you to participate in the Fronter admin community
- various support resources:
- a growing knowledge base of Frequently Asked Questions
- known issues and recently resolved issues
- a change log of changes introduced in the current release of Fronter
- downloads, primarily aimed at Fronter administrators, and complementing the online help available from within Fronter
- In addition, the site displays latest Twitter feeds from Fronter support
Subscribing to the RSS feeds from this site or a specific section enables you to receive important information pushed to you! See here for how.
On this page: how to contact Fronter support
On this page you will find the following information:
- Rules regarding Fronter support
- Who can contact Fronter support
- What Fronter support can do for you
- What Fronter support cannot help with
- How to log support issues
- Questions & Answers
All users who have successfully completed the 2 day Fronter administrators training course, trained by a Fronter certified trainer are permitted to contact technical support. A maximum of 2 administrators from each installation can contact Fronter support. If your installation gets a new administrator, please make sure to notify Fronter so they can receive appropriate training. The new administrator must be trained by a certified Fronter trainer in order to be able to contact support. If you are not sure if you are entitled to support, then please contact your nearest Fronter Service Desk or your Fronter Account Manager.
In order to be able to contact support, the Fronter administrator must be registered in Fronter's support system. To do so, please see the How to log support issues section below and login to the support portal; you are automatically registered upon first login. As prerequisites, please check that your contact card is up to date with the following:
- Your name is your real name (possibly with an appendix "admin" or so to distinguish it from any other accounts you may have)
- You have an email address
- You have a mobile phone number (optional, but enables you to login to the support portal even in the event of you not being able to login to Fronter)
We are happy to assist you with any of the following
- Questions regarding use and setup of Fronter
- Reporting Bugs/Issues
- Submitting Requests for Change
- Requesting any additional Hosting and integration services
Please utilise the resources on this site prior to registering a service call with us.
Fronter support is not able to assist in the following matters
- Changing personal information on users/contacts
- Changing passwords/usernames unless given explicit permission by the appointed administrator
- Providing support for 3rd party software (such as browser or office software), including HTML and CSS development
- Hardware problems in your location
- Installing or changing anything on your server or network
- Change user access unless given explicit permission by the appointed administrator
As a Fronter administrator, you can contact Fronter support through the Support tab in the Admin module of your installation. Through the Support tab, you will have access directly to our Support system, and you can log new issues, service requests or change requests, as well as see the detailed status of all your pending issues. You can also close issues where you have found the answer yourself.
Depending on your contract with Fronter, you may also be entitled to telephone support. All urgent issues should be reported through the support telephone, all non-urgent issues through the Support tab in the Admin module of your installation.
Please take a look at our Known issues and Changes section before logging an issue, in case it is already known and in progress. In addition, the FAQ section contains useful information that may help you in resolving your issue. The easiest way to search for help on this site is through the search field located on top right corner!
Please note that the more details and information you provide us with when logging a call, the quicker it is for us to troubleshoot the issue.
Here is how to access the Support Portal:
- Log in as an administrator and click the admin button
- Click on the name of your school on the left hand side
- Click on the support tab on the right hand side
- The support portal is now opened in a new window/tab.
In case of any problems logging onto the support portal, please see the resources below.
- If you are prompted with an SMS login page instead of the portal, please see this FAQ entry
- As a general introduction to the support portal, please view this series of video tutorials
- If you are facing a "Server Error page" when going to register a new service call in the portal, please empty your browser cache and re-try. See here for further instructions. This is a browser specific issue, so if possible, trying another browser will also work.
- See also the Q & A section below
Q.: If can't access my Fronter installation, I cannot file an issue?
A.: Yes you can. If you have entered your mobile number on your contact card in Fronter, we can send you a one time valid login to our ticket system. Click here
Q: Cannot access the support system with IE or Safari as my browser?
Q: Are there any resources available where I can search for my issue to have been reported already?
A: Yes, please take a look at our Known issues and Changes section before reporting an issue. You can also subscribe to that section as an RSS feed, whereby you will receive any updates pushed to you automatically. In addition, the FAQ section contains a wide selection of questions and answers intended to help you.